A guide to posting your content...
Thanks for being a Highland Tech Hub contributor! So you have something interesting you want to tell other members? Great this guide will walk you through the mechanics and tone of posting on the HTH website.
What should I post?
I would love to see what our members have been up to, conferences, speaking events or some research you have done please use this space to promote your hard work! I may have already asked you to post something so this is just to help you…
We have helpfully created a ‘Blog Template’ that fills in a basic page structure for you. You don’t have to use this if you are familiar with WordPress and want your own layout please feel free but I would recommend having a look as it does give you a sense of how we would like content to be structured on the site.
- Under ‘New’ menu click ‘New Post’. This will take you to the blog editor.
- Under ‘Visual Composer’ and next to the ‘plus’ symbol is the templates button, click that.
- You will see under ‘My Templates’ a ‘Blog Template’ option. Click the ‘+’ to the right hand side of the screen.
- This will give you a basic layout, Title, Intro, Content, Conclusion and call to action with recommended word counts.
- Hover over each element until you see the green pencil symbol, click on the pencil and replace the content with your own.
- When ready, click the blue ‘Publish’ button in the top right.
You mentioned tone?
Yes, i think it’s important that we adopt a friendly, approachable tone in our web posts without using unnecessary technical language. It goes without saying that we do not want to see anything that marginalises or degrades any individual or group, and remember that blogs are a public forum!